Okay, I admit it. I'm still a bit baffled by Facebook. You can find and be found by people that once only remained a distant memory. This morning I was found by an old roommate. I think we last spoke in 1995. We parted on amicable terms, I think. I wasn't really wishing to see her again, however. Enter Facebook. I can now see where she has been going to school and work for the past decade, as well as the people she knows. She's actually going to be teaching Italian at our alma mater. I wonder if she's finally able to separate her Spanish & Italian?
The most interesting thing is to see who is on her friends list. Her ex-fiance', who still lives in Italy. I have wondered what happened to him after they broke up. We used to be friends too, since he practically lived at our one bedroom apartment on weekends. Yes, I do have awkward stories to tell.
This goes to prove that the world really is getting incredibly small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And that's exactly the reason I'm not on Facebook--I don't want to be found! :o)
It really is like your past comes back to haunt you. I have a hard time refusing to be "friends". Today I got a freaky contact. A guy I knew 15 years ago kept a dollar I apparently wrote something on.I don't remember it. It made me wonder why he still kept it with him, it seemed, on a daily basis.
Post a Comment