Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bellydance :-)

I've now completed 3 weeks of my bellydance class. I love it! Well, I really love my turquoise hip scarf with the 300 silver coins that jingle when I dance. It has been fun and challenging to learn the different steps. I am finding abdominal and hip muscles I didn't know existed.

Tonight she taught us to move our arms while moving our hips. Yeah, right. I can either hip-step or falling-leaf arm, but the two don't work together. I mean, I trip going up the stairs if I start thinking about what I'm going to do when I get to the top of them.

As if that wasn't challenging enough, we learned an isolation move which involves moving your chest up and down and moving your rib cage from side to side. It becomes one movement in a circle. I actually only witnessed it being done. I'm not even sure I got the rib cage from side to side move, let alone the whole circle movement.

At the end, she had everyone get in a big circle and then invited individual dancers out to the center. Yeah, right. It's taken me a decade to get up the nerve to sign up for the class, I doubt I'll be venturing into the middle. But who knows. Maybe if I perfect a few moves...

1 comment:

whirligigdaisy said...

Belly dancing sounds brave to me, even if you never venture out into the middle.