Today I am again struck with all of the many things I have in my life. I should be overflowing with gratitude all of the time. I have been given so much more than most of the people in the world, in terms of temporal blessings. As if having a warm home and food to eat weren't enough, I also have an abundance of spiritual blessings. Just being able to walk a short distance to church and worship how I choose is a great gift. To have the scriptures, Ensign and live broadcasts to hear the voices of the prophets. To have the knowledge that my Savior lives, throughout the year and not just at Christmas.
I have friends and family that love me. The kind that love me just for me and would risk their own necks for me. I am grateful that they are willing to share their lives with me. Thank you.
The past 24 hours I have been feeling sorry for myself. Thinking of the things I don't have, rather than appreciating what I do have. Allowing frustration to creep in, some sadness to overshadow the joy. December is always a contemplative time for me, as I take stock of my life, check the path that I am on and try to make adjustments. I guess I just started early this year. I am always a stronger person when I come out on the other side, a little battered, more grateful and joyous for the life I've been given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment