Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart. ~Author Unknown

Friday, November 21, 2008

Quotable Quotes & other mishaps

I received the following quote in email today:

"When God is about to reposition your life, know that the devil will begin to attack!"

I wonder if that is behind the rash of freak vehicle accidents happening all around me? I thought this week was going fine, since I had witnessed no accidents. For the prior two weeks, I saw one every day, within 5 minutes of my passing.

Today I left work early to help out a friend. I was soooooo tired and was scheduled to arrive 15 minutes early. We were meeting at a school, so I didn't want to be the weird woman in the elementary school parking lot just hanging out. I decided to pull off into a grocery store parking lot and have a 15 minute nap. About 10 minutes later, I heard the sirens. There was a horrible motorcycle vs. at least one vehicle crash in the intersection I would have passed through. I estimate the crash happened about 5 minutes after I parked. The decision to pull off and nap was a split second one, just before I got to the grocery store. God must be really watching out for me and I'm thankful that I appear to be listening to his promptings.

Now, I just have to figure out how to stop being in the right place at the almost wrong time.

1 comment:

Betty Edit said...

Well that's easy--never leave your house. Then nothing bad will ever happen to you. Right?