I was reminded of the hymn Each Life That Touches Ours for Good today after I spoke with a friend from my ward. She has been living through the illness of her father over the past year. She reminded me that we had had a conversation many months ago about the trials and struggles of caring for an elderly loved one as they go from hospital to nursing home or care center. I shared with her my own journey in caring for my grandparents in the 6-7 months before they passed away. The conversation was during Sunday School and was quickly forgotten by me until today. I was surprised to learn that my words had helped my friend find her own strength and courage to face her challenges over the past year.
How humbling to have been able to help. How enlightening to realize that small things we say can impact people's lives in ways we never imagined. In this week of Thanksgiving, I am all the more grateful for those that have influenced me. For my friends and family that take the time to listen and to offer me advice or share their own experiences. For the Lord that puts these people in my life and sends them when I need them most. For being allowed to help others in return and touch their lives for good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it crazy how you influence other people without realizing it?
I once encouraged a co-worker to ask out a guy she was interested in. Since she worked at a different location than I did, I didn't see her until a year later. Turns out she and that guy had gone out for five months because she took my advice and talked to him.
Crazy. You never know how much you influence someone's life.
Hear hear! I second this statement! Thank you for all you encourage me with in my life Oriana! You are amazing!
Post a Comment