There are times, it seems, that God throws a cosmic switch that moves the tracks beneath us, hurling our lives headlong in a new and uncertain direction. Of these times just two things are certain: It’s best we don’t know what’s ahead.We can never go back.
-THE SUNFLOWER by Richard Paul Evans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"We can never go back"--isn't that the truth.
I used to dream about repeating high school. I felt like I hadn't completed all of the credits or I didn't learn everything I needed to learn. But then, part way through the dream, I would realize that I was in college, and if I was in college then high school didn't matter.
Sometimes, I think we think going back and re-learning or learning things will make our today better. But in reality, all we have to do is learn it or re-learn it now. (Of course, I am convinced that learning to swim or sing or draw or make a book from scratch would have been much easier when I was younger and more patient!)
Your blog has music on it!
When I find myself wishing to go back and change the past, I try to think about what I can change right now, instead. What will my future regrets be? How can I prevent them? That propels me forward.
Post a Comment