Men marry women, women marry situations. - Paul Cook in the Sunflower, by Richard Paul Evans.
I read the Sunflower last week. It's an entertaining read. I have always been a hopeful romantic and find that reading romances or happily every after stories as work makes the time go more quickly. I usual don't admit to reading them, but I don't think that at this point in my life it's any big secret.
I found this quote interesting to think about. Men see a woman they are interested in and most don't care what her situation in life is, other than being single. She can be rich or poor, high school graduate or doctorate, blond or brunette. They don't care if she rents or owns, has a successful career or any old job. Women are the opposite. Before we allow ourselves to become romantically interested, we want to make sure that he can financially take care of us. Even if we have a career and can take care of ourselves. We are more interested in his situation than him, at least initially.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment