It's an interesting phenomenon to be snowed in. It is almost a relief to not be able to go anywhere. To just be. I haven't been anywhere in over 2 days. I've been going to bed early, sleeping in, taking naps and just hanging out with my mom and her husband. I guess I was tired. :-) It has been so nice to just decompress, to have no obligations or anything that I have to do.
I've also been eating way too much. It seems like the holidays perpetuate comfort food. There are so many tempting treats to be had that evoke memories from childhood. Pumpkin pie, cookies, breads, chips, dip, chocolate truffles.... Admittedly, I created many of these temptations. I just didn't anticipate being in close vicinity to them for such a prolonged time.
I think I will return home tomorrow. My mini-vacation will be at an end. Then it will be back to real life and real food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment