Today was a day for comfort food. I'm not sure why I was craving it. Maybe I was missing my grandma. I ended up making my favorites of hers. I feasted on pot roast, gravy, potatoes, carrots & onions. Followed by homemade vanilla ice cream. Yum!! It was the first time I've ever made ice cream. It took a short 20 minutes to freeze. That's a bad thing to know. It will be too tempting to make it all the time. I used a recipe from Ben & Jerry's. Who knew they had their own ice cream cookbook?
Comfort food makes it easy to forget the rest of life. To forget Peter Pan. To forget my weaknesses. And to just enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"To forget Peter Pan"?
Oriana, I think you and I may share similar tragic flaws--well, at least from reading this entry, it seems like we do. Do you happen to suffer from seeing your own weaknesses way too much and all of the time? One good solution is for me (and others) to tell you what's right with you: 1) you're super woman: you are prepared for everything and anything; 2) you know about everything; 3) you can do anything from building raised garden beds to driving a manual truck to taking care of your nephews; 4) you offer to help me when I'm struggling (that's a selfish one, but I can't tell you how much it cheered me when you said you would bring me dessert; of course, I was gone and all that, but the thought was fantastic); 5) you're a good person: you're kind, you're empathetic, you want the best for people; 6) you're a great family member--who wouldn't want you for a sister, daughter, or aunt?; 7) you are intelligent; 8) you take care of people (even when they act really dumb, like I often do); 9) you have great hair; 10) you are dependable, honest, and authentically you. And I apologize if this seems too sentimental. I meant it to be true sentiment not syrupy sentimentality. Anyway, I hope you take it as the true sentiment. Have a happy week!
Great hair! I love that. Thanks Olive, for just being you.
By the way, if you feel like some homemade french vanilla ice cream, there is still plenty left in the freezer. I only churned it until it hit the soft serve stage. Mmmmmmm. I think we should have an ice cream night and make some different kinds. My mom loaned me two electric ice cream freezers.....
I would love some ice cream.
With chocolate syrup :-) (I have some in the fridge) and Maraschino cherries perhaps.
Or just the ice cream. It's home-made after all.
Post a Comment