Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart. ~Author Unknown

Friday, July 18, 2008

Having Leapt

I survived the blind date. Surviving is too strong a word, I think. I had a very pleasant dinner with an interesting guy. He actually looked like his photo. He also had many varied interests and was easy to talk to. We ate and talked for almost 2 hours.

I am never any good at determining whether or not I will get asked out on a second date. Sometimes I think a date went really well and I never get a call. But there have been times when the date was awful and I get asked out again.

After the date I went out for gelato with friends. I really enjoy these friends because they don't tell me what I want to hear. They tell things like they are. They aren't afraid to tell me to quit being stupid about things or to reconsider. I appreciate that. We tried a new gelateria tonight. It was yummy. I had Donatella (hazelnut chocolate), zabaglione and mascarpone gelato. MMMMMMMM. They had so many flavors to choose from that I'm fortunate that I was able to narrow it down to three.

2 comments:

Olive Kite said...

The best part of last night was when the older gentleman interrupted our conversation to tell us that taller men (and women) were less intelligent than shorter men (and women), because they had a lot greater distance for the blood to travel through the body up to the brain. Now, that was insightful!

-OeK

Alicia said...

That was so funny! I had no idea that I was speaking so loudly or that someone was sitting that close behind us and listening.

I will still retain my preference for taller men, but will consider what E said. I can't help it. It's an ingrained preference I've had since I was a very small child. :-)

Ah, maybe I actually prefer less intelligent men than me. ;-)