I didn't realize it had been so long since I've posted anything to this blog. I've been otherwise joyfully occupied with the Finn. He's returned to his native land for a time and I'm left with time on my hands to post. What insignificant insight do I have to offer today? That love sneaks in like vapors and wraps itself around your heart and mind. It's really a tremendous gift that transcends all rational thought. We don't choose to love as much as we are chosen to receive the gift. Accepting the gift is the hardest part of loving, in my opinion. It requires us to see ourselves through another person's eyes. We have to accept their love and cease to wonder what qualities we possess that make us worthy of that love. Or accept that we are loved for our essential selves and not because we are tall, short, thin, blonde, brunette, an over-achiever, young or old, etc.
We also must embrace both the joy and the pain of loving. The joy of togetherness, the sadness of separation, the living and feeling of both emotions. Only by experiencing the depths can we truly appreciate the magnificent heights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow you make me want to have that in my life! :) Maybe one day. I am glad to see you blogging again.
Post a Comment