Isn't there a movie quote somewhere that uses that term? Flip? Or is it "toe pick" from the Cutting Edge? Life is going along as normal and all of a sudden, flip. I've been feeling that way since Tuesday night. My life has gone flip and I'm not quite sure where I am or how I fit into this new flip side.
I met the Finn at the airport and things were comfortable right away. We've been together ever since. It is weird adjusting to a new relationship. From going along as a single to trying my hand at being a couple. It's common knowledge that I'm not very good at the couple thing, nor do I have a ton of experience in this area. I am trying to remember to take it a day at a time and just live in the moment. Things will work out as they should. But this is easier said than done, for sure.
I find myself wondering, as I often do, how everything will turn out. If a book is too suspenseful for me, I flip to the last pages and check that everything will turn out alright. Then I can go back and read the intervening story. Sometimes I wish that I could do that with my life. Flip to the end, see that everything turned out alright, and then come back and live the intervening years. I guess that would make the intervening decisions much easier. :-) I wouldn't actually have to make them.
I anticipate many "flips" in the immediate future. It will be interesting to see how I am able to handle them or if I will "flip" out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally wish that was an option too in life. I tend to do the same thing with books! The end is just too tempting when it is right there a few "flips" away.
But keep strong and just enjoy the ride. Like you have said before, your heart is already involved, if it gets broken you will have learned tremendously throughout all of this... however, on the plus side if it works out, you will have finally found your Mr. Right! :)
Which you so deserve!!!
There are a lot of book listings on Amazon with the word FLIP in them: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=flip
- - -
You know sometimes it doesn't so much matter if you know the ending of a book, because if the book is well-written, you will still enjoy the experience of getting to that ending.
:-)
What a concept! I want to flip forward a year or two and see where I'll be and if everything turns out OK. For a while, I've been wondering. . . but feeling better about things lately.
Good luck with the relationship. What fun!
Post a Comment