Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year, A New Adventure

For too many years I have been wanting to take a belly dancing class through community schools. Or anywhere, for that matter. I once got a referral for a belly dancing studio and after seeing a performance, was so tempted to buy the cute bracelets with the little tinkling bells.

I think that I finally have the courage to sign up for the class. There are three beginning classes being offered through community schools. It doesn't require the baring of your midriff. Who really wants to do that? If anything, it will be a fun adventure and I might even tone some muscles in the process. I am horribly uncoordinated but I don't think I can really injure myself with this.

Anyone up for an adventure and willing to take a class with me? :-)

2 comments:

Betty Edit said...

Wow. You are super ambitious. I would be way too scared to do that. Then again, I'm generally way too scared to do any dancing at all... I think I was born in the wrong century.

Alicia said...

It must be a family trait about which I am just learning. My sister-in-law jumped at the chance to take the class with me. My sister is disappointed that she has a conflict that night and can't come with us. Apparently, I was the only one working up the courage to dance.

I think I was born in the wrong century too. Or maybe on the wrong continent.